A world where all is free
Saturday, April 30, 2005
 
Warmest day of the summer so far

4. Now I smile
Originally uploaded by Ralli.
Like I said, most of Britain is vacationing this weekend. It is a "Banking holiday weekend" and there are a number of super discounts available in a lot of stores right through the weekend (including Monday).
But more important than that, is the fact that the sun is out! And when the sun is out, all of Britain is out as well. People in strappy clothes enjoying themselves in the parks, eating icecreams, having a good time.
This was my first weekend here and I decided to cover the basic stuff. Unfortunately, I could not feel Wordsworth's sense of romance upon westminster bridge. I was also accosted by a woman in her middle ages (I am being kind here) to donate a "little" for "children". Honestly, I was scared with the way she put her arm around me and said all of this. Yet, I gathered my wits and said "How little is little?" I guess this was not a question she was used to, especially since she had started the transaction with a lovely little flower. After exchanging a couple of similar statements, I dished out 5 pounds (Boo Hoo) and gave to her. Now I am wondering if she meant her children or some other children. Of course, she also blessed me with "Jesus is watching you" or something similr.
Anyway, walked about for 3 odd hours and clicked a few pics. You can click on the pic here to see some more.
Thats all for now!

Comments:
Hey Ralli
You bum, if only u had told me u were in London. I flew into London on the 29th for the weekend and left on the 2nd.
I am flying back to India on the 20th night via Heathrow...chance of meeting ?

Raj
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger